Heat-On Block System - the safer alternative to oil baths
The safest, fastest and most efficient way to heat and stir
round bottom flasks from 10ml to 5 litres.
• Replace messy oil baths, heating mantles and avoid spills.
• Make your chemistry safer, cleaner and faster.
• Solid aluminium blocks provide even heating.
• Lightweight design allows rapid heating.
• Unique well design eliminates cracking of flasks.
• Blocks feature two probe holes and optional lifting handles.
• Use up to 260˚C.
• Also accepts Florentine Flasks.
The risk of oil fires and injury from hot oil spills, plus the mess and cost associated with the use of oil means that oil baths no longer represent safe working practice in labs. Heating mantles are
expensive, difficult to clean, do not respond well to spills and often create hot spots when heating.
Scientists are increasingly turning to specially designed aluminium blocks located on stirring hotplates to heat standard round bottom flasks.
Visit www.radleys.com for more information.