Cardiomyocyte contractility, viability, and electrical activity measured in real-time.
The new xCELLigence® RTCA CardioECR instrument combines high frequency measurement of cell-induced electrical impedance with multielectrode array technology to simultaneously assess cardiomyocyte contractility, viability, and electrophysiology.
The xCELLigence® RTCA CardioECR instrument, regularly used in combination with human iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes, enables in vitro assays that are highly predictive of drug induced cardiac liability. It offers:
• A high-throughput method for detecting functional cardiotoxicity (effects on short-term and long-term cardio beating activity) and general toxicity in vitro
• A test of integrated ion channel activity
• Data that display excellent correlation with clinical arrhythmogenic risk
• Pacing function for more tightly controlled assays
• More thorough understanding of drug mechanism of action
As broadcast on Discovery Channel's "Innovations" program 12/18/2014.
For more information, please visit: http://www.aceabio.com/product/rtca-cardioecr/